Here are top tips gathered from Industry experts, students and teachers on how to pick a web design course.
The web design industry changes very fast. As the design trends change, new devices come up and internet speed increases; it becomes very important to pick the right course for getting your career started.
Essentials of a Web Design Course
Before enrolling for a web design course, you must understand the overall picture of a typical project and the importance of web design in all this. A client will usually need an end-to-end functional website or a dynamic web application. In order to develop and deliver this end to end project, a number of experts have to contribute:
- Business analyst – Understands the requirements from client to understand business objective
- Technical analyst – Translates the requirements into Technical specifications
- Graphic Designer – Creates UI/UX design, images, themes, typography and overall branding experience
- Web Designer – Converts the designs created by Graphic Designer into actual working front-end code. Web designer also makes the front-end code speak to the back-end components for fetching data. The web designer is also responsible for making sure that the pages are compatible across all devices. A good responsive web design will appear nicely on any kind of device
- Back-end Developer – Creates the logical workflows in back-end. Also responsible for storing fetching data and external interfaces
- QA/Tester – The quality assurance team tests the site or system to make sure that it works as per the specifications
Now that you know where web design stands in a project delivery lifecycle, its time to go into more details on choosing a web design course.
Since a web designer has to develop the complete user interface, he/she has to be familiar with these key concepts used in modern web design:
- Understanding of design provided
- Deep knowledge of HTML & HTML 5
- Excellent knowledge of CSS & CSS 3
- Knowledge of how different devices render the web pages
So, when you go out searching for a web design course in a place like Delhi/NCR, make sure that it covers the areas listed above.
An ideal web design course should cover:
- Basic of design:
- Markup language – HTML and HTML 5
- Stylesheets – CSS and CSS3
- Compatibility across devices – Responsive Design and Media Queries
- Media file types – JPEG, GIF, SVG, PNG
- Embedding Videos into pages – YouTube, Vimeo embeds, video & audio tags, embedding flash videos
- Advnaced HTML 5 effects with Canvas and advanced CSS3
- Testing responsive design on devices and emulators
- Verifying pages against given design
Please bear in mind that this list keeps evolving as technology improves.
At DICE Academy Delhi’s Web Design Course, we continuously research and keep our courses up to date. Our web design course curriculums are reviewed by industry experts and are therefore always one step ahead of usual web design courses.
You can find out more about the web design course by clicking on of the links below: