Here are top tips gathered from Industry experts, students, designers and teachers on how to select a graphic design course.
The graphic design industry evolves very fast. As the design trends change, new devices come up and internet speed increases; it becomes very important to pick the right course for getting your career started.
Essentials of a graphic design Course
Before enrolling for a graphic design course, you must understand the overall picture of a typical project and the importance of graphic design in all this. A client will usually need an end-to-end functional website, campaign or a dynamic web application. In order to deliver this end to end project, a number of experts have to contribute:
- Business analyst – Understands the requirements from client to understand business objective
- Technical analyst – Translates the requirements into Technical specifications
- Graphic Designer – Creates UI/UX design, images, themes, typography and overall branding experience
- Web designer – Converts the designs created by Graphic Designer into actual working front-end code. Web designer also makes the front-end code speak to the back-end components for fetching data. The graphic designer is also responsible for making sure that the pages are compatible across all devices. A good responsive graphic design will appear nicely on any kind of device
- Back-end Developer – Creates the logical workflows in back-end. Also responsible for storing fetching data and external interfaces
- QA/Tester – The quality assurance team tests the site or system to make sure that it works as per the specifications
Now that you know where graphic design stands in a project delivery lifecycle, its time to go into more details on choosing a graphic design course.
Since a graphic designer has to design the complete user interface, he/she has to be familiar with these key concepts used in modern graphic design:
- Understanding of requirements
- Deep knowledge of modern design tools – Adobe Photoshop, In-design, Illustrator, CS6 etc
- Excellent knowledge of UI & UX concepts
- Working knowledge of Sketching
- Knowledge of how different rendering styles are needed for different media and screen sizes
So, when you go out searching for a graphic design course in a place like Delhi/NCR, make sure that it covers the areas listed above.
An ideal graphic design course should cover:
- Basic of design:
- UI & UX Concepts
Please bear in mind that this list keeps evolving as technology improves.
At DICE Academy Delhi’s graphic design Course, we continuously research and keep our courses up to date. Our graphic design course curriculums are reviewed by industry experts and are therefore always one step ahead of usual graphic design courses.
You can find out more about the graphic design course by clicking on of the links below: