Motion graphic designer career in India: Skills required, work profile & salary in India
Motion graphic is a type of animation with text as a major component. We can simply say that Motion Graphics is an animated graphic design. A motion graphic is a perfect mix of sound, motion, and graphic design. Motion graphics when used with music and effective copy can add depth to the message. Motion graphics are most widely used in advertisements, title sequences for videos, explainers etc.
Work profile of a motion graphic artist
Motion graphics designers are responsible for creating artwork for web, film, or television. The artwork can be in a form – movie clips, trailers, commercials, title sequences, etc. A motion graphic artist uses visual effects, animation and other cinematic techniques to create effective communication. With the increasing prevalence of digital video content, there has been an increase in demand for motion graphics designers. If you are looking to make a career as a motion graphic designer, this is the best time to go for it. Check out our Motion Graphics course for more details.
Motion graphics designers: Key skills required
A motion graphics designer should have the following technical and soft skills to create master artwork:
- Motion graphics is the dynamic medium to express storytelling in visuals.
- Should understands motion and timelines
- Multi-tasking and critical thinking skills
- Procedural animation to cut down the time taken in creating a video
- Should know how to use texture and lighting effects
- Understand the message, medium, audience and create motion graphic accordingly
Tools used by Motion Graphic designers
There are many tools and software that a motion graphic designer uses to create the artwork. Here are some of the most used tools that you should know if you are an aspiring motion graphic designer:
- Photoshop – It’s an elementary tool for all motion graphic designers
- Illustrator – Another famous tool for motion designers, it’s entirely used for vector-based (Vector Image) editing
- After Effects – This one is the primary tool used by the motion graphic designers
- Red Giant (Trapcode) – This software tool is also one of the favourites of motion graphic designers as it helps in crafting outstanding effects for the project
Adobe Premiere Pro® – Video Editing Software – It is the cutting edge software for editing live video
Apart from the above-mentioned software tools, there are other applications available in the market that can be used to create an effective motion graphic design. Technology changes with time, hence, you need to keep yourself updated with the latest trend and new applications released in the market.
Motion Graphic designer salary in India
Motion graphics designers are fairly well-compensated for their technical expertise. As per the latest trend, an average annual salary for motion graphic designers in India is Rs 3 lakh to Rs 4 lakh for freshers. A Motion Graphic Designer having 5 to 8 years of experience can earn an average annual salary of Rs 6 to Rs 12 lakh.
** It is a privilege to be a motion graphic artist along with a graphic designing background.
You Might Also Like
What are the career options for a Motion Graphics...
Motion Graphics Animation Trends to Look Out For
Stay up to date with our latest courses.
Leave us your opinion.